Saturday, February 6, 2010

BE OPTIMISTIC: Make Snow Cones

The saying goes - when life gives you a blizzard, make snow cones. Hahah...well, maybe that's not how the saying really goes, but that's what I did today!

We got somewhere around 20" of snow last night (final numbers till TBD, I think) and into this morning. I spent the better part of the morning in my apartment cleaning, rearranging furniture and passing the time. The snow slowed down around 2:30, and I decided to venture out to go see the beautiful transformation that inevitably comes with 2 feet of snow.

And I'm so glad I did! Leaving the warm comfort of my apartment was totally worth it! Jocelyn came with me to Rittenhouse Square, and we walked around watching the people and enjoying the view. I got a bunch of great photos:


trying to be artsy-fartsy with the B&W setting on my camera

amazing color among all of the whiteness

This one reminds me of the lamp post from Chronicles of Narnia




this adorable little boy took a face plant while shoveling snow

Days like this make me appreciate Philly, in spite of the crazy weather. There's lots of beauty when you stop to enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment